Our client is a well-established food manufacturing business that is looking to hire a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will be responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of all Health, Safety & Environmental management systems. You will ensure that the safety of staff, visitors, customers, suppliers and contractors, are in line with current Health, Safety and Environmental associated legislation.
Main roles & responsibilities include:
- Review and develop all aspects of the Health, Safety & Environmental Policies, ensuring practices are implemented consistently across the Site.
- Monitor, evaluate, and review existing, new, and upcoming Health, Safety and environmental legislation and ensure that the Site has systems and procedures in place to meet legal compliance and accredited standards. Management & development of the business (EMS) Environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place. Undertake risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of Health, Safety and environmental within their areas of responsibility, which includes conducting regular site audits.
- Provide staff with comprehensive and relevant information and training on company Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures and workplace practices.
Skills & Qualifications:
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental management
- Excellent attention to detail, issues addressed promptly, documented adequately, and followed through to completion.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, or site facility roles with progressive responsibility for Health, Safety & Environmental.
- IOSH managing Health and Safety Certificate or working towards NEBOSH Certificate in managing occupational Health & Safety. Or Equivalent.
- Experience of ISO140001
Salary £40k - £50k