A globally recognised clean energy provider based near Guildford is currently seeking a HSE Manager to implement HSE strategy across the business and drive HSE forward. As the HSE Manager you will take a primary role in leading the development of numerous key HSE projects whilst having the ability to communicate effectively across business functions and key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will ideally have a Manufacturing background hold strong Health & Safety qualifications (NEBOSH Diploma advantageous) and be experienced in implementing developing and maintaining ISO 9001 14001 & OHSAS 4501.
HSE Manager Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for ISO managment systems including document review and update and ensure ongoing acceditations - ISO 9001 ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Lead internal audit program and support internal audit teams.
- Responsible for document review version control and sign off.
- Lead the implementation of the Health and Safety strategy.
- Responsible for developing and delivering SHE improvement plans across all sites and businesses and working with site leaders to drive best practice sharing.
- Develop a robust process for recording incidents and be responsible for ensuring investigations as per business goals. Look for opportunties for improvement.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures such as safe systems of work fire safety compliance COSHH assessments DSEAR assessments and discharge consents are followed in line with relevant regulations.
- Conduct H&S inductions for new starters and refresher training including company policies and procedures
- Management of the QC labs to ensure service levels including resource cover development of staff test method support and CoA check.
- Responsible for defining Quality and SHE processes and ensuring procedures relating to Quality and SHE are robust and effective.
- Accountable for ensuring QC methods and procedures are effective and equipment in good order and compliant.
- Develop an effective communication style and work with the teams to drive a culture of SHE and quality excellence across the business.
- External networking with appropriate external industry bodies to promote the business.
HSE Manager Experience and Qualifications required:
Job Ref: 7054