A globally recognised electronics manufacturer serving the clean energy industry is currently seeking a H&S Advisor to implement HSE strategy across the business and drive H&S forward. As the H&S Advisor, you will take a primary role in leading the development of numerous key HSE projects whilst having the ability to communicate effectively across business functions and key stakeholders.
This is a brand new position within the company, so you will be taking ownership of H&S processes, making them your own and developing the current systems and policies.
The successful candidate will ideally have a Manufacturing background, hold strong Health & Safety qualifications (NEBOSH Diploma advantageous) and be experienced in implementing, developing and maintaining ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 45001.
H&S Advisor Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for ISO managment systems, including document review and update, and ensure ongoing acceditations - ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Lead internal audit program and support internal audit teams.
- Responsible for document review, version control and sign off.
- Lead the implementation of the Health and Safety strategy.
- Responsible for developing and delivering SHE improvement plans across all sites and businesses, and working with site leaders to drive best practice sharing.
- Develop a robust process for recording incidents and be responsible for ensuring investigations as per business goals. Look for opportunties for improvement.
- Ensure all health and safety procedures, such as safe systems of work, fire safety compliance COSHH assessments, DSEAR assessments and discharge consents, are followed in line with relevant regulations.
- Conduct H&S inductions for new starters and refresher training , including company policies and procedures
- Management of the QC labs to ensure service levels, including resource cover, development of staff, test method support and CoA check.
- Responsible for defining Quality and SHE processes and ensuring procedures relating to Quality and SHE are robust and effective.
- Accountable for ensuring QC methods and procedures are effective and equipment in good order and compliant.
- Develop an effective communication style and work with the teams to drive a culture of SHE and quality excellence across the business.
- External networking with appropriate external industry bodies to promote the business.
H&S Advisor Experience and Qualifications required:
- NEBOSH General (minimum)
- Manufacturing background
- Experience with Electronics / Engineering is advantageous
- Extensive knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- A hunger and passion to drive a positive HSE culture
Location: Near Chertsey, Surrey
Package: £35,000 - £45,000 + Attractive Benefits
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: Monday to Friday
Job Ref: 7430